How do you justify paying more for a deck? I recently heard a great line that went something like this: “if I only had paid more it would have cost me less”.
As a consumer, there has to be a solid reason to pay more for our purchases. In the case of a deck of patio, I will share some that may resonate with you.
- Customer assurances and piece of mind (insurance, license, warranties)
- Design (does it fit your taste and is it functional for your furniture and needs)
- Quality (the materials and labor)
- Ease of doing business with ( do they have a physical location, are they easy to reach with questions)
- Add value (is the contractor able to add more to the project with ideas and finished look)
As a consumer, it is never wise to pay more unless you can justify why. The attempt here was to help you think through your purchasing decision of a deck or patio and what you may not have considered when you looked at the “apples – to apples” quotes!