A patio seems like a fairly easy project to tackle for those that are handy.
What are the pitfalls?
- Grading – knowing how to slope the patio and when you will need retaining wall block to keep the patio from falling or separating
- Materials – having the information on how much off the base to purchase and how to compact
- Design – to build a patio is just part of it, the proper design to accommodate what you want to furnish or seat on the space is another part
- Finish – how to keep the weeds from growing up through the seams and to keep the patio from staining easily
- Warranty – when you build it yourself, you may end up doing it more than once which increases your costs!